Please note that the scope of this Policy is limited to information collected or received by Child Scholar through your use of the Service.
Child Scholar is not responsible for the actions of third party people or companies, the content of their sites, the use of information you provide to them, or any products or services they may offer. Any link to those sites does not constitute our sponsorship of, or affiliation with, those people or companies.
By using the Service, you are expressing your agreement to this Policy and the processing of your data, including your personal information, in the manner provided in this Policy. If you do not agree to these terms, please do not use the Service.
Information Collection and Use
Child Scholar collects information as described below. Child Scholar’s primary goals in collecting and using information is to create your account, provide Services to you, improve our Service, contact you, conduct research and create reports for internal use.
iOS and Android Platforms
When you use any of the Child Scholar applications on a mobile platform, we may collect and record certain information such as your unique device ID (persistent / non-persistent), hardware type, media access control (“MAC”) address, international mobile equipment identity (“IMEI”), the version of your operating system (“OS”), your device name, your mobile number and country code, your email address (if you have connected to Facebook or Google+), and your location (based on your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address). This information is used for personalizing the app content and also for troubleshooting and helping us understand usage trends.
We may collect your location based information for the purpose of providing you with the correct version of the application and so you may interact with other users of the app. We will not share this information with any third party without your permission. If you no longer wish to allow us to track or use this information, you may turn it off at the device level. Please note, the application may not work properly if we are unable to tell where you are coming from (Country specific).
In addition, we create a unique user ID to track your use of our Service. This unique user ID is stored in connection with your profile information to track the Child Scholar applications you are using.
Invite a Friend
Child Scholar may offer you the opportunity to invite your contacts from a Social Networking Service (such as your Facebook friends) so that those contacts can be in Child Scholar applications and/or you can invite them to join you in Child Scholar applications. Such contact information will be used only for sending communications to the addressee. You or the third party may contact us at [email protected] to request the removal of this information from our database to the extent Child Scholar stores any of this information.
We may collect your email address when you contact our customer service group and we may use that email address to contact you about your experience with Child Scholar applications and notify you about company news and promotions. If you no longer wish to receive certain email notifications you may opt-out at any time by following the unsubscribe link located at the bottom of each communication or by emailing us at [email protected]
We may occasionally send you push notifications through our mobile applications to send you app updates, high scores and other service related notifications that may be of importance to you. You may at any time opt-out from receiving these types of communications by turning them off at the device level through your settings.
App Data Collection
Whenever you user our applications, we collect data about all of your interactions with the application via server log files. This information may be associated with your ID, IP address or device ID for the purpose of providing you our Services and improving them. This data is stored within Amazon Web Services. With your permission, we will also collect your exact location so that we are able to match you with other users in your area.
We may record information such as the events that occur within the application, usage, performance data, and where the application was downloaded from to provide a customised user experience.
Third Party Services
We do not serve any advertising content in any of our services / apps intended for children.
How We Use Information
We use information collected through our Service for purposes described in this Policy or disclosed to you in connection with our Service. For example, we may use your information to:
- create accounts and allow users to use our application;
- operate and improve our Service;
- understand you and your preferences to enhance your experience and enjoyment using our Service;
- respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service;
- provide and deliver products and services you request;
- send you related information, including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- communicate with you about promotions, rewards, upcoming events, and other news about products and services offered by Child Scholar and our selected partners;and
- link or combine it with other information we get from third parties, to help understand your preferences and provide you with better services.
Disclosure of Your Information
Child Scholar does not share your personal information except as approved by you or as described below.
We may release your information as permitted by law, such as to comply with a subpoena, or when we believe that release is appropriate to comply with the law; investigate fraud, respond to a government request, enforce or apply our rights; or protect the rights, property, or safety of us or our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection.
Child Scholar may share your information in connection with any merger, sale of our assets, or a financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company. You will be notified via email and/or notice on our site of any change in ownership or users of your personal information.
We may share aggregate or anonymous information about you with advertisers, publishers, business partners, sponsors, and other third parties.
Changes to Policy
Child Scholar takes reasonable measures to protect your information from unauthorized access or against loss, misuse or alteration by third parties.
Although we make good faith efforts to store the information collected on the Service in a secure operating environment that is not available to the public, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of that information during its transmission or its storage on our systems. Further, while we attempt to ensure the integrity and security of our network and systems, we cannot guarantee that our security measures will prevent third-party “hackers” from illegally obtaining access to this information. We do not warrant or represent that your information will be protected against, loss, misuse, or alteration by third parties. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Access to Personal Information
If your personal information changes, or if you no longer desire our service, you may correct, update, or delete inaccuracies by making the change within your account settings or by contacting us at [email protected] We will respond to your access request within 30 days.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services or in anticipation of you resuming our Services in the future. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services, contact us at [email protected] We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
The Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 and its rules (collectively, “COPPA”) require us to inform you, as parents and legal guardians (as used in this section, “parents”) about our practices for collecting, using, and disclosing Personal Information from children under the age of 13 (“children”). It also requires us to obtain verifiable consent from a child’s parent for certain collection, use, and disclosure of the child’s Personal Information.
This section notifies parents of:
- The types of information we may collect from children.
- How we use the information we collect.
- Our practices for disclosing that information.
- Our practices for notifying and obtaining parents’ consent when we collect Personal Information from children, including how a parent may revoke consent.
- All operators that collect or maintain information from children through our website or app or other channels
Information We Collect from Children
Our content and features are available only to children of the registered accounts and require us to collect certain information, including Personal Information, from them. In addition, we use certain technologies to automatically collect information from our users (including children) when they visit or use the website.
We only collect as much information about a child as is reasonably necessary for the child to participate in the educational activity in our Services, and we do not condition his or her participation on the disclosure of more Personal Information than is reasonably necessary.
Automatic Information Collection and Tracking. We use technology to automatically collect information from our users, including children, when they access and navigate through the website and use certain features. The information we collect through these technologies may include:
One or more persistent identifiers that can be used to recognize a user over time and across different websites and online services
Information that identifies a device’s location (city and country).
We may combine non-personal information we collect through these technologies with Personal Information about you or your child that we collect online.
How We Use Your Child’s Information
We use the Personal Information we collect from your child to:
- register with and log in to our website
- We use the information we collect automatically through technology and other non-personal information we collect to improve our website and to deliver a better and more personalized experience by enabling us to:
- Estimate our customer size and usage patterns.
- Store information about the child’s preferences, allowing us to customize the content according to individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
Our Practices for Disclosing Children’s Information. We do not share, sell, rent, or transfer children’s Personal Information other than as described in this section:
- We may disclose aggregated information about many of our users, and information that does not identify any individual. In addition, we may disclose children’s Personal Information:
- To third parties we use to support the internal operations of our website or Services and who are bound by contractual or other obligations to use the information only for such purpose and to keep the information confidential.
- To law enforcement agencies or for an investigation related to public safety.
- If we are required to do so by law or legal process, such as to comply with any court order or subpoena or to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Company, our customers or others, including to: protect the safety of a child; protect the safety and security of the website or Services; or enable us to take precautions against liability.
Accessing and Correcting Your Child’s Personal Information
At any time, you may review the child’s Personal Information maintained by us, require us to correct or delete the Personal Information, and/or refuse to permit us from further collecting or using the child’s Personal Information.
You can review, change, or delete your child’s Personal Information by sending us an email to [email protected] To protect your privacy and security, we may require you to take certain steps or provide additional information to verify your identity before we provide any information or make corrections.